Friday 7 June 2013

ChainsawDaemonEngines: Carrion Hounds of Nurgle


I'll post pics of the Daemon army I've been working on for the past six months, kicking this off here with my first unit, the Carrion hounds of Nurgle. The theme of this army is that a Slaaneshi Daemon Princess is beaten in a duel by a Nurgle Daemon Prince and must now serve Father Nurgle for the next 7777 years, together with her entourage. Basically, this means I have lots of different units that normally do not feature in a Nurgle Daemon army, each one converted to fit the theme. Mostly, these are Slaaneshi units, but there are the occasional exceptions, like these Flesh Hounds.

I also wanted to emphasize that these are Daemons from the 40K universe, and I wanted to make this obvious by incorporating chainsaws/swords and lots of other mechanical bitz like exhausts. Some people like the fact that Daemon model can almost be used without modification for Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000 - and some people do just that - but I wanted to make it very clear that these are Daemons from a Sci-Fi setting.

Alright, here goes.



 

3 comments:

  1. Wow.

    That's one beautiful pack of vile creatures! My favourite is the one made of a Dirz Tiger with three exhausts on its back (and the head of some Legion of Everblight beastie?), followed closely by the Acheron Cerberus one and the one with Malifaux Guild Hunter body and Chaos Spawn head. I love how you combine bits from many systems and manufacturers. The paintjob is excellent, too.
    I am truly looking forward to seeing the rest of this chaotic masterpiece of an army. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot.

    The exhaust Tigre is also my favourite :D

    I've got two more units and three large beasties to show at the moment, plus some more unpainted conversions, and I'll try to publish them in the following days/weeks. I have currently paused work on the army to focus on my Realm of Chaos warband, but I will definitely get back to the chainsaw daemons after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, really terrific work. The paintjob is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.